Dubbel Mono

woensdag, maart 17, 2004

 
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
has recorded an album of songs by Will Oldham. It's been ruinous for their relationship - even though they're actually the same person
.



Will Oldham on Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
Hear my story, stout islanders, for what are you if not my beloved audentia , my "hearers", in the language of the Horace. It is the small kindnesses, the simple offering of doughnuts for instance, that tape us all together through the war and wildlife that blacken our calendars. My request could not be smaller: to consider the following account before deciding whether you shall place your valued trust in me or in the bitchery of the Bonnie "Prince", for our "curious arrangement" has been rent for ever more and no true admirer will be able to credibly straddle our severed dominions from this point forward. If, after hearing me, his new-age safecracking continues to please, then I will abandon you to the waving signs, confetti and balloons of his new publicity campaign.
|| 1:39 p.m.