Dubbel Mono

vrijdag, maart 07, 2003

 
Blixa Bargeld verlaat The Bad Seeds
Blixa Bargeld, a 20 year veteran of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds has announced he is leaving the band. The departure is amicable and totally Blixa's decision. He says, "This has been a very difficult decision for me and I have spent a great deal of time thinking about it. My leaving has nothing to do with artistic or personal differences with the band, I just feel it is time to concentrate on other creative areas in my life". He plans on devoting his time to fronting his other band Einsturzende Neubauten and continuing his work in film and the theatre.
According to Nick Cave "We have parted as friends and we will miss him dearly". Mick Harvey, also a founding member of the band, adds "Blixa is irreplaceable, sadly we'll have to learn to get along without him".
The upcoming UK shows for Nick Cave And The Bad will proceed as planned, but without Bargeld.

[via gr.R. - werk je log eens bij, Rob!]
|| 12:42 p.m.