Dubbel Mono

woensdag, november 27, 2002

 
Johnny Cash
mag nog niet dood. In elk geval niet voor hij zijn twee aangekondigde platen heeft afgemaakt:
Cash has begun work on a new album of gospel songs, including favorites by the Golden Gate Quartet and the Five Blind Boys of Alabama: "I've always wanted to do black gospel, and I know I'm a little tight-ass saying 'black' -- I'm a honky - but I feel like I need to do it. I feel like it's going to be all right." After that, he wants to do an album called Grass Roots -- a survey of folk and country songs "all the way back to Stephen Foster." Asked if he might retire, he snaps, "No, no, no no, no. I'd die if I retire. Like a shark -- got to keep moving."
En dat klinkt al heel wat beter dan zijn uitspraak na het derde American Recordings-album dat hij er nog precies eentje in zich had.
[via Heftklammern]
|| 9:45 a.m.