Dubbel Mono

maandag, september 23, 2002

 
Tenacity of The Cockroach: Conversations with Entertainment's Most Enduring Outsiders
gaat de verzameling interviews uit The Onion's A.V. Club heten wanneer het met een kaft erom in december in de boekhandels ligt. Ik zit nu een avondje in de proof te bladeren en te lezen en de ene na de andere prachtige quote springt naar voren. Bijvoorbeeld deze, uit een gesprek met Tom Waits: I don't cut the ribbon at the opening of markets. I don't stand next to the mayor. Hit your baseball into my yard, and you'll never see it again. En de welbespraakte Mark Hosler van Negativland: [Bono] said, 'We were just stealing from the thieves,' and I actually found myself yelling 'Fuck You!' to the TV set. Als laatste XTC's Andy Partridge: I don't want to do one of those Phil Collins-type records - you know the kind of things, Songs For Swinging Divorcées, that sort of stuff. I've been really careful to watch the divorce, so there's no mention of divorce.
Andere geinterviewden zijn onder veel meer Henry Rollins, Jello Biafra, Lloyd Kaufman, Steve Albini, Ian MacKaye, Tom Waits, Grant Hart, Gene Simmons, Rich Nielsen, Ron Jeremy, Elmore Leonard en Joan Jett.
In a bookshop near you in early December.
|| 11:46 a.m.