Dubbel Mono

zaterdag, september 14, 2002

 
Digital Needle - A Virtual Grammaphone
Remember those flat round things you may have found lying around the house. Those that never really worked well as flying saucers? Well, the other day I happenned to have a good look at one through a magnifying glass. I was able to discern something waveform'esqe in the shape of the grooves. I thought, "groovy, there must be a way to extract something sensible off of that" (actual thought quoted). At which point I came up with some great excuses ^H^H^H^H reasons to have a go:
A) These round objects could have some archeological value.
B) I could waste some time.
Happily convinced by these, I tried to recall an old legend I once heard concerning these objects. This legend being of technological nature, entaled a diamond needle that would vibrate when placed atop the revolving flat things, these vibrations, when amplified would produce music.

[via Juul]
|| 7:02 a.m.