Dubbel Mono

vrijdag, mei 24, 2002

 
Lemmy van Motörhead
is altijd goed voor mooie quotes:

You have a lot of good memories of playing in Cleveland?
Yeah, it's home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which is a piece of shit. I've never seen so much wasted space in my entire life. It's a fuckin' gift shop, isn't it?

You probably don't have to worry about being inducted.
I don't think I would accept. I'd tell 'em to fuck off.

Did you do a lot of speed in the '70s?
Oh, yes. But I don't really want you to print shit like that because it gets the police on my ass. Ask me about something else.

What do you think of The Osbournes?
I haven't seen it yet, but I don't look forward to seeing it. I think it's kind of weird.

Would you want a camera following you around?
Fuck no. I fuckin' knock it down the fuckin' toilet. Then again, I haven't got a family, so my life isn't very interesting. You would just have to sit and watch me play video games for a whole episode. When you live on your own, you have to make your own amusement.

Tell me a bit about the song Brave New World. It sounds like you're down after the millenium.
Is that unusual? Is that difficult for you to comprehend? If you're not down on the shit that's been going on with your government, then there's something wrong with you.

Well, President Bush has a high approval rating...
Give him 2 months. Wait until more body bags start coming back.

You've been anti-war for some time.
War is obviously stupid. The more you study it, the stupider it is. A whole generation of England vanished in 1916. I wrote a song about that. This is the same thing. It's just that we kill people from further away. You notice you never got any pictures from Afghanistan.

Any new bands you like?
I manage to get out of my wheelchair now and again. I used to like Skunk Anansie, but they broke up last year. They were really good, the best band out of England in 10 years. I like Nashville Pussy, too. There's a lot of good bands coming out of Sweden.-- Backyard Babies and Hardcore Superstar.

What keeps you going?
A relentless determination not to let those bastards be right.

Who are those bastards?
All those people who said we were a five-minute band, and we'd be gone soon. That was a long time ago, but I'll never forget it. I proved it to them, didn't I? They're all gone and I'm still here. So fuck 'em.
[via Slatch.com]
|| 11:44 a.m.