Dubbel Mono

maandag, april 01, 2002

 
Pitchfork
verkoopt zijn ziel aan de duivel, vindt de Midnight Cowboy. Zelf stelt Ryan Pitchfork dat de zaken iets anders liggen:
"You see, two months ago, we privately inked a deal with a larger corporation which promises us, for once, a steady income-- my first in over four years!-- as well as the promotional tools we've lacked for so long. The deal also promises us exclusive coverage on some of the world's hottest upcoming acts!
This, of course, probably means less coverage of those lovable indie bands. But frankly, that just ain't where the cash is these days. Huh? Oh, I'm callous, am I? I'll tell you what's callous: me not being able to pay my motherfucking rent! Look, maybe I'm being a little defensive here. It's not like I feel great about this, and it certainly isn't the coolest career move I could possibly make. But you guys, when you get a check in the mail that could pay your rent for seven years, well, that's the kind of thing you just don't turn down."


Subjectivist Ariën Rasmijn schrijft toevalligerwijs op vrijwel hetzelfde moment:
"Ik ben mijn eigen verpaupering meer dan zat. Ik ga afstuderen, een normale baan scoren, salaris ontvangen en de sportschool in. De vakantie is voorbij, mensen. Webloggen wordt voor mij geen means to an end meer maar een leuke hobby."

De achterkant van het independent-gelijk?
|| 9:59 a.m.