Dubbel Mono

zondag, maart 31, 2002

 
Jeff Mangum van Neutral Milk Hotel
wordt in Pitchfork geinterviewd:
"He looked about as self-conscious as a four-year-old meandering blissfully over a playground-- just as he often looks to be saddled with the weight of the world's suffering. One thing for certain is that Mangum is incapable of hiding his internal state of being: emotions skitter across his face like rapid weather fronts beating their way to the coast".

Belangrijkste vraag is uiteraard of er een opvolger gaat komen voor het briljante In An Aeroplane Over The Sea. Het antwoord is net zo vaag als Jeff Mangum zelf:



"I don't know. It would be nice, but sometimes I kind of doubt it. I just feel like these windows open up for something to be honest, and they don't stay open for very long. I guess my path feels sort of different now... I don't know what's going to happen, but I certainly want to make music a bigger part of my life in the future than it has been for the last couple of years."
|| 3:52 p.m.